As a UK-based business, BIW Technologies Ltd (BIW) seeks to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation by ensuring that any collection and use of personal information is lawful and fair..
You can use www.biwtech.com without disclosing any personal data. However, we need to capture certain information from you, or about you, in order to offer certain site functions or services. This policy describes the information collected by BIW and our use of that information. If you have any comments or questions, please contact us.
We collect personal data that you may volunteer so that you can receive further information or services from BIW. Examples include the following:
- requesting information about our services (eg: the BIW collaboration platform and related products)
- offering feedback on www.biwtech.com
- requesting email bulletins from the BIW press room
- requesting brochures for delivery by post
- downloading white papers or requesting them for delivery by post
- subscribing to the BIW newsletter, Integrate
In 1 and 2 above, you must supply a name and a valid email address (and fill a field detailing your enquiry) as a minimum. You can also volunteer additional information (job title, company name, telephone number).
In 3 above, you must supply a name and a valid email address (and fill a field detailing your enquiry) as a minimum. You can also volunteer additional information (publication/company name, address details and telephone number).
In 4 and 5 above, you must supply your name, email address, job title, organisation name, address and telephone number. You can opt not to be contacted by BIW after your initial enquiry has been handled; otherwise it will be retained for use by BIW’s sales team (though you can, at any time, request no further contacts by emailing email@example.com).
In 6 above, you must supply your name and valid email address as a minimum. You may also volunteer a company name.
Use of Information
Information is collected so that BIW can:
- administer, maintain and improve the technical efficiency of its services
- research and develop improvements to its services
- communicate with users regarding its services, via the web, email, post or telephone
- offer related, value-added or personalised services to users
- manage customer relationships, and
- compile aggregated (non-personally identifiable) statistical information.
For example (looking at the instances detailed in ‘Information gathered’ above):
- names and contact details are collected and stored by BIW to allow us to contact users, or respond to queries, about BIW and its services
- where requested, email addresses and telephone numbers help us if we experience problems in making a postal delivery
- we also use the email address to send reminders about any white paper downloads made
- newsletter subscriptions can be ended, and relevant personal details can be amended, at any time by clicking on the relevant links included in each newsletter
Data relating to website usage patterns is also collected for the purposes of compiling aggregated statistical information to facilitate the provision of our services.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' and users’ personal data. We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to government authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
Information will not be provided to third parties without your express permission. Although we use available technology to retain and protect this data and information, due to the nature of internet communications, we cannot guarantee or warrant that your transmission is secure.
Links to other sites
BIW’s website contain links to other websites. BIW is not responsible for the data protection policies and/or the content of these other websites. When visiting such sites we urge you to be an informed surfer and exercise caution when providing any personal details.
By submitting your information you are consenting to our use of it for the uses specified above.
Correcting or changing information
As BIW expands its range of products and services and makes appropriate changes to its website, we will endeavour to refresh this policy. We encourage you to refer to this policy on a regular basis for updates. This policy will be modified from time to time without prior notice to its users. Please notify us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to modify your information (newsletter subscribers can terminate their subscription or amend their personal details at any time by clicking on the relevant links included in each newsletter).