SYNERGIE SCOTLAND ADOPTS BIW COLLABORATION TECHNOLOGY FOR NEW ICT MANAGEMENT BUSINESS, SYNERGIE SYSTEMSInverness-based professional services consultancy Synergie Scotland has formed a technology partnership with BIW Technologies (BIW) to use BIW’s web-based collaboration platform, BIW Information Channel, to support the collaboration services delivered by a new specialist ICT management business, Synergie Systems.
Synergie Systems specialises in delivering systems for the property and construction sectors. Its collaboration offering, named The Synergie Information Channel, has already been employed on a programme of work for Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE), for whom Synergie Scotland manages all its construction projects.
“Use of the web-based Synergie Information Channel will increasingly allow us access to all project correspondence, drawings, specifications, progress photographs as well as instant access to the latest programme and cost information,” says Shaun Murphy, HIE’s senior property manager. “We expect to see a significant increase in the use of web-based collaborative technology in the construction sector over the next new years.”
Synergie Systems’ managing director Ian MacGillivray says his company has also adopted the BIW-based system to support contract administration across HIE projects: “Our framework agreement with HIE was an ideal opportunity to pioneer an innovative ICT solution to manage projects across the Highlands which were using the NEC form of contracts.”
“This partnership is a further demonstration of the wide suitability of BIW’s collaboration platform for many different types of organisation,” says BIW chief executive Colin Smith. “Already this year, we have announced UK corporate deals with Dandara, a major property developer, Canary Wharf Contractors and Fitzpatrick Contractors, and retailer House of Fraser. Managing geographically-dispersed projects can be a major challenge for some organisations and Synergie’s decision underlines how our technology can become a key area of competitive advantage.”
- ends -
More information from:
- Paul Wilkinson, BIW head of corporate communications – 01483 712620 or mobile 07788 445920, email email@example.com
- Ian MacGillivray, director, Synergie Systems, (01463) 227570
Notes to editors:
- Synergie Scotland (www.synergiescotland.co.uk) is a professional services consultancy active in all aspects of capital asset procurement and management. It also provides delivery and management solutions in the design, engineering and management of built environment and industry operation projects.
- Synergie Systems (www.synergiesystems.co.uk) provides complete IT solutions using in-house management and technical capabilities in conjunction with an extensive supply network. It has developed bespoke software solutions for a number of client sectors but specialises in packages for the property and construction sectors. As well as its collaborative technology solution (the Synergie Information Channel, developed with BIW Technologies, the UK market leader), it has developed several cost control, document control, change control and risk management applications.
- Project collaboration services from BIW Technologies (www.biwtech.com) were first employed in 1999 on UK construction projects for Sainsbury’s. BIW believes it is the European leader in web-based collaboration systems for the construction and property industry, measured by numbers of users, usage and volume of data.
- BIW Information Channel is a sophisticated web-based supply chain integration technology, designed specifically for construction projects or programmes. Each client is provided with a unique, project or programme-specific website created around a knowledge database. With this, data can be made available securely to every team member – from the earliest concepts, through detailed design, buildability studies, pre-fabrication, construction, maintenance, operation and improvement to the eventual demolition or dismantling of the facility.
- As well as Synergie, BIW customers include United Utilities, Sainsbury’s, BAA, housebuilders Crest Nicholson and the Peabody Trust, Marks & Spencer, the Ministry of Defence, the Wellcome Trust, House of Fraser, Mace, Bovis Lend Lease, Kajima, Gleeds, Fitzpatrick, Canary Wharf Contractors and developers Land Securities, Ballymore, Dandara and Garbe.
- BIW and BIW Information Channel are registered trademarks or trademarks of BIW Technologies Ltd.
More information from:
BIW Technologies Ltd
T: 0845 1300 800